Friday 6 January 2012

January - the month of optimism

Happy New Year!

January is full of optimism. It may be grey and miserable out the window, but the future's bright. The whole year lays before you - 12 months waiting for you to make things happen! It's an exciting time; a time to make plans, and start implementing them.












Towards the end of last year I came across this TEDtalk from Steven Johnson, and I thought this would be a good time to share it. The title is 'Where good ideas come from'. Without giving too much away, it talks about the importance of sharing knowledge and expertise in the development of great ideas. (It's only 17 minutes, and there's a great story about the origins of GPS). I don't know about you, but we've got lots of plans for this year, and I know we're going to need the advice and expertise of others to help us get them off the ground.

Happy New Year to you all! I hope you achieve everything you have planned for.